10 Amazing Water Facts
1. Less than 1% of the water supply on earth can be used as drinking water.
2. About 25,700 liters of water is required to grow a day’s food for a family of four.
3. A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water. If a human does not absorb enough water dehydration is the result.
4. Most of the earth’s surface water is permanently frozen or salty.
5. An estimated 790 million people (11% of the world’s population) live without access to an improved water supply.
6. A small drip from a faucet can waste as much as 128 liters of water a day.
7. Human bones are 31% water.
8. Bottled water can be up to 2000 times more expensive than tap water and it may not be as safe.
9. More than half of the water used in a home is used in the bathroom.
10. Pure water (solely hydrogen and oxygen atoms) has a neutral pH of 7, which is neither acidic nor basic.